Quality Assurance Lead Engineer
Hi there! Since you are already intrigued by the job title, we suggest you keep reading.
We are Lab08. A Bulgarian-Danish company, developing exciting and innovative products, together with our customers. We build effective and functional platforms based on long term partnerships with our clients. And we are looking for a Lead QA Engineer, who will introduce and maintain current best practices for all of them!
Our culture is based on transparency, trust, and teamwork. We are passionate about bringing tech innovations to life while having fun. For our growing team, we are looking for highly skilled professionals like you. Come join us!
You have a passion for shipping quality software that provide customers with a great user experience. You stay up to date on the latest technology trends and are able to evaluate appropriate testing practices for the problem at hand. You have a great eye for detail, you are able to spot minor inconsistencies in the software you are testing. In your work, you naturally think outside the box, finding new user scenarios that might have been overlooked by others.
You have experience as a QA engineer for large web applications in an agile environment, and you are able to evaluate and suggest appropriate methods of testing for a given product or feature. You understand the trade-offs required in developing a quality application while supporting the needs of a fast-growing business.
You are self-organizing, process-oriented and able to navigate other QA Engineers to complete their tasks and projects. You are a great communicator, used to interacting with many different parts of a business.
You would like to have the chance to define the product testing strategy and smooth processes in order to improve the whole development lifecycle. If you are a Senior QA Engineer, looking for a chance to shine – this is it!
The type of things that you will be doing at Lab08:
- Understanding both the business objectives and the technical implementation of a software product
- Using your critical eye for detail in order to explore the product in pursuit of identifying the important problems
- Defining and implementing quality assurance practices and procedures
- Working with business owners to develop acceptance criteria
- Designing and implementing automation tests
- Working closely with developers to improve the software product
- Writing test documentation such as test cases and scenarios
- Troubleshooting test environment and application configuration issues
- Ensuring the team is focusing on automation along with manual testing
- Defining the testing strategy and several phases of testing cycle
Our ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of professional experience working as a QA engineer in an agile team
- Strong knowledge of web software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Solid experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans
- Always looking to improve QA processes and practices
- Experience with test automation tools such as Selenium, Appium, Cucumber etc.
- Is a team player who strives to better not only themselves, but also everyone around them
Of course, working for Lab08 comes with some additional perks like:
- Generous remuneration
- Excellent office location – in the heart of the city (bul. T. Alexandrov 14)
- Parking spot
- Semi-Flexible working hours – Well rested = well-performing
- Home Office – Currently, our employees can get to choose to work from home or the office
- Additional Health Insurance – We got you: health and wellness first
- Multisport card and on-site facilities – The fitness and swimming pool are literally one floor below our office
- Great atmosphere – Thanks to the nice people on Lab08’s team
- Development opportunities – Conference attendance and certification
- Office fruits and beverages & free lunch
- Recreation area/relax zone
- Regular team-building and office events
- Lab08 Beach Office – our team will be working from the seaside this summer
- Growing together with the products you help bring to life!
So, if you are already excited about this role – drop us a line, send your CV and let’s get started! Our process is rapid and consists of two interviews with a homework task in-between. We currently conduct video interviews.
Applications will be processed in confidentiality. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.