Hi there! Since you are already intrigued by the job title, we suggest you keep reading.
We are Lab08. A Bulgarian-Danish company, developing exciting and innovative products together with our clients. We build efficient and functional platforms based on long-term partnerships with our customers.
We are looking for an aspiring DevOps engineer, who will be working alongside our Senior DevOps Architect, the Tech Leads and Back End developers within our company. We are open to meeting candidates who consider themselves Junior or Mid-level specialists. We invite you to apply if you would like to expand your DevOps knowledge and have an interest in the technologies that we use.
You are open to learning new technologies and eager to develop within a fast-paced startup environment. You are looking for a compact team of good developers and a place where you can learn good practices and receive mentorship. At Lab08, you will be able to maintain several diverse web products.
The core tech stack for DevOps at Lab08 includes AWS and Ansible with the basis of Linux (Ubuntu/Debian) system administration and bash scripting experience. Having good competencies in those is a must for the position.
The databases and key value stores that we use are PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, and MongoDB. At Lab08 you will find infrastructure as a code with the help of Terraform, Terragrunt and Python scripting. For monitoring and logging we use Zabbix and ELK stack. We utilize LXC and Docker, when it comes to containers. For handling networking operations we use iptables, WireGuard, Openvpn, Opnsense. We also use Nginx, OpenResty, ModSecurity. Our DevOps maintains systems built either on PHP, Java or Node.js. Knowledge and experience in any of the technologies on this list is considered a plus.
In addition, we expect you to meet the following criteria:
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Team player attitude, intrinsic motivation, good communication skills
- Fluency in English
Of course, working for Lab08 comes with some additional perks like:
- Professional Learning Opportunities – budget for courses, IT community events attendance, flexibility for development within the company
- Competitive salary
- Excellent office location – city centre
- Full-time position – Freelancing is nice but wouldn’t you want to settle?
- Semi-flexible working hours – You choose when to start and finish your workday.
- Health benefits – We got you: health and wellness first
- Home office – You choose to work from home or our office
- Free lunch, coffee, fruits at the office
- Sport benefits – A fitness and a swimming pool are literally one floor below our office
- Skilled teammates – Our Devs, QAs, and Product Managers and Designers know what they are talking about. Working with them is a breeze!
- Great atmosphere – Comes from the people, and we have some delightful ones on the team
So, if you are already excited about this role – drop us a line, send your CV, and let’s get started! Our process is rapid and consists of two interviews. We currently conduct video interviews.
Applications will be processed in confidentiality. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.