Senior Software Developer (PHP)
Hi there! Since you are already intrigued by the job title, we suggest you keep reading.
We are Lab08. A Bulgarian-Danish company, developing exciting and innovative products together with our clients. We build efficient and functional platforms based on long-term partnerships with our customers. And we are looking to build one with you – our new Software Developer!
With us, you will have the chance to work in a focused, dedicated team of experienced developers, you will have a say in the technical decisions made for the product you are building, and you’ll have the flexibility to decide when to work from home and when it’s time to spend time with your team at the office.
You will have the chance to work on a leading platform delivering customer insights about products and services (through user testing), based on AI and behavioural analysis from social anthropology specialists.
You are an experienced Software Developer, who will be leading our technical efforts. As such, you will be working on the development of a solid product with diverse features and promoting effective and clean coding practices.
You are an engineer at heart, who loves to tinker and build new products. You stay up to date with the latest technology trends and can evaluate the feasibility of new technologies for the problem you are trying to solve.
Some of the tasks that will be coming your way:
- Producing clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrating software components and third-party programs
- Verifying and deploying programs and systems
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and upgrading the software product
- Recommending and executing improvements
- Being a part of the technical designing
- Working with the team of devs to define and develop product features
- Enabling your less experienced colleagues through mentoring
- Talking through requirements with the Product Manager and only when needed – answering customer questions, related to the product and how certain features work
Our ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of working experience as a Software Developer
- Experience with PHP and frameworks like Laravel and Symfony
- Knowledge of REST, JSON is considered an advantage
- Experience designing and implementing complex web applications
- Experience working with relational databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL
Of course, working for Lab08 comes with some additional perks like:
- Professional Learning Opportunities – grow to a Senior or a Tech Lead position
- Excellent office location – central. Just like the developers in our company
- Full-time position – Freelancing is nice but wouldn’t you want to settle?
- Semi-flexible working hours – You choose when to start and finish your workday.
- Health benefits – We got you: health and wellness first
- Home office – You choose to work from home or our office
- Free lunch, coffee, fruits at the office
- Sport benefits – The fitness and swimming pool are literally one floor below our office
- Skilled teammates – Our devs, QAs, and Product Managers and Designers know what they are talking about. Working with them is a breeze
- Great atmosphere – Comes from the people, and we have some nice ones on the team
So, if you are already excited about this role – drop us a line, send your CV, and let’s get started! Our process is rapid and consists of two interviews. We are open to interviewing you in person, as well as in a video call.
Applications will be processed in confidentiality. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.