Hi there! Since you are already intrigued by the job title, we suggest you keep reading.
We are Lab08. A Bulgarian-Danish company, developing several exciting and innovative products. And now, we are looking to build a mobile application for one of them. You could be the one driving this process!
We are building a mobile development team, and the first out of other exciting tasks, that will be coming to the team’s way would be an app for user testing. Our customer is a leading force in this domain in Europe and delivering Scandinavian quality is a must. The platform’s customers are international businesses and so our client is now taking a step ahead by developing a complementary mobile application.
You are an experienced Mobile Application Developer, specializing in Kotlin/Java (Android) or Swift/Objective-C (iOS). As such, you will be playing an integral role in our technical efforts.
Some of the tasks that will be coming your way:
- Collaborating closely with our Product Designer with a focus on the UX
- Supporting the Product Manager in the creation, elaboration, and estimation of software requirements
- Being a part of a Scrum team and maintaining excellent collaboration with other team members and relevant stakeholders
- Being an active part of the entire process – from the idea to a well designed, executed and monitored feature
- Helping and advising in the selection of the most appropriate frameworks to use with the product
- Testing new functionalities, documenting and regularly presenting the results of your work so that the end-users enjoy the flawless experience – incl. writing test cases and unit tests, also assuming overall responsibility for the test coverage
- Analyzing bug and crash reports and optimizing performance
- Understanding the nuances between mobile platforms and providing advice and guidance to other developers on handling those nuances
- Understanding of the CI/CD toolchain for iOS/Android like Jenkins and git
- Working closely with the back end team to define and consume API services for the apps
- Deploying product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise
- Managing application deployments, fixes, updates, and related processes
- Staying current with industry trends and source new ways for enhancing our user experience
- Learning from your colleagues and teaching them what you know
- Contributing new ideas and innovative strategies to help create valuable mobile apps
Our ideal candidate has:
- Proficiency in developing native consumer-facing mobile applications for iOS with Swift/Objective-C and Android – Java and/or Kotlin (preferably 4+ years of professional experience)
- Familiarity with Android development tools such as Android Studio, ADB, Gradle, and iOS Development tools (e.g. XCode, CocoaPods)
- Familiarity with major capabilities, differences, and similarities across different iOS/Android and hardware versions
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, Web-Services, JSON, networking protocols and best practices for promoting leading application performance
- Experience with performance and memory tuning
- Ability to understand, design and explain complex concepts, software architectures, and practice design patterns
- Working knowledge of software design patterns and a good understanding of the SDLC
- Experience in code reviewing and ability to write and maintain unit tests
- Knowledge of Google Play Console or AppStore Connect TestFlight
- Deep understanding of multithreaded programming and thread synchronization
- Working experience with Flutter and/or React Native is considered an advantage
- Experience working with Core Data, Foundation, UIKit, In-App Purchases, Push Notifications is considered an advantage
- Experience with Database implementations for Android and iOS (CoreData, Realm or others) is considered an advantage
Of course, working for Lab08 comes with some additional perks like:
- Generous remuneration
- Having a say in the chosen technologies for Lab08’s mobile application development projects
- Excellent office location. Our office is central – just like the developers in our company
- Semi-Flexible working hours – Well rested = well-performing
- Home Office several days per month
- Additional Health Insurance – We got you: health and wellness first
- Multisport card and on-site facilities – The fitness and swimming pool are literally one floor below our office
- Great atmosphere – Thanks to the nice people on Lab08’s team
- Development opportunities – Conference attendance and certification
- Attractive referral bonus
- Office fruits and beverages
- Recreation area/relax zone
- Regular team-building and office events
- Growing together with the products you design and bring to life!
So, if you are already excited about this role – drop us a line, send your CV, and let’s get started!
Applications will be processed in confidentiality. Short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.